MARKETING CONTENT WRITER
We are a small, rural Marketing and PR Agency and we currently have a vacancy for an energetic and enthusiastic Content Writer to support our team in Lowick
• Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
• Writing copy that is creative and persuasive; telling stories that sparkle, stand out and deliver
• Editing written content and providing editorial guidance and feedback to subject matter experts and contributors
• Maintaining consistent editorial style and tone
• Maintaining content calendars, planning for future stories
• Ensuring topics are both accurate and easy to read and digest
Applicant must have…
• Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• An ability to write on a variety of topics with different “voices”
• Be a self-starter with the drive to succeed in a quickly changing business environment
• Strong time and project management skills with proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Have good administration skills and be ICT competent.
• Be well presented
• Work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
• Have a confident personality with excellent communications skills
As well as key responsibilities, the role will include…
• Proof reading for accuracy, content and interpretation of the content to produce documents.
• Assisting in the briefing, creation and delivery of press releases.
• Participation and contribution in internal marketing/communications meetings.
• Answer telephone calls in a pleasant and helpful manner, screen telephone calls and handle them when appropriate.
Knowledge of both rural industries and the local area would be extremely useful.
Please note that the above is a non-exhaustive list and may change to reflect the needs of the business.
This is a part time position.
• Must have a degree of flexibility in terms of working hours and location
• Must be able to adapt to change
Organisation and Project Management skills
• Must be exceptionally organised and capable of dealing with a large number of tasks
• Must be able to stay calm under pressure.
• Demonstrable strong project management skills
• Ability to prioritise projects
• Working to tight deadlines
• Must have an eye for detail
• Professional approach
• Must be a self-starter, ability to work alone to deliver a project
• Ability to spot opportunities and take action.
• Excellent communication skills within team and ability to communicate workload and status of projects.
• Have good knowledge of English grammar.
• Effective communication with internal clients and others in a clear and practical manner.
• Have a pleasant and confident telephone manner.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, clients and others in a clear and practical manner.
• Must be discreet given the role involves handling sometimes sensitive and confidential information.
• Competent in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel with the ability to adapt to new software and systems.
• Must have accomplished keyboard skills combined with accuracy and an eye for detail.